Optics Valley is the commonly known name for the industry cluster in the state of Arizona for optics and photonics technology companies. Optics Valley is also the name of a committee of the Arizona Technology Council, which serves as the representative of this community of technology companies.
To better serve the industry cluster the Arizona Technology Council Optics Valley Committee has produced a tool to better reach and market both existing and future customers about our industry cluster capabilities. This is a free tool. It is called Optics Valley Resource Directory or OVRD. The goal of OVRD is to facilitate the discovery of our cluster capabilities to enable an increase in business transactions.
The Optics Valley Committee wants everyone visiting or using OVRD to learn something new about our cluster companies. However, free use comes with reasonable rules regarding that use as shown below. Given that the Optics Valley Committee is part of the Arizona Technology Council, site users will be subject to those rules and code of conduct as well.
The Optics Valley Committee does not financially benefit from companies using OVRD. This site is offered at no cost to users to peruse site content. This is a service offered to both our industry cluster and its customers. While there is no financial gain to Optics Valley, to help sustain this service we do encourage users to join and become a member of Optics Valley and the Arizona Technology Council.
All Directory Users
All site users, hereinafter referred to as “participants,” are to be held to a high professional standard. No inappropriate use of OVRD is allowed. Because OVRD exists as a free marketing service with no financial benefit to either the Arizona Technology Council or the Optics Valley Committee, these Terms and Conditions are presented in a plain-speak manner.
All site visitors, often customers of our industry cluster businesses, are NOT allowed to scrape, market, or collect information presented on OVRD for any other purpose than connecting and engaging our participant companies for services or products offered by Optics Valley industry cluster businesses.
The following is information that anyone coming to and using OVRD should be aware of:
- OVRD is an effort to improve the exposure of Optics Valley / Arizona Technology Council members and optics / photonics technology industry cluster participant businesses of their capabilities to a larger market. So, we want participants to be able to get information about their businesses and offerings out to the world. Site users are free to peruse OVRD, learn about participants and their offerings.
- We encourage individuals, businesses, agencies, and other organizations wishing to solve optics and photonics technical challenges to discover our participant company capabilities.
- This is a marketing directory displaying business marketing and capability information to help current and future customers see information that will help those customers select one of our cluster participants to conduct business.
- We collect visitor and participant information (e.g., email addresses) which we may use in a proper and professional manner to further participant marketing.
- Optics Valley does not conduct business-to-business work; rather the OVRD is designed to facilitate the connection of participant companies with customers so that they to form business-to-business relationships to solve business and other technical challenges.
- Optics Valley does not warranty content, its accuracy, or its completeness, but that said it is in everyone’s interest to help ensure the participant content displayed is accurate, professional, and helpful. As such, Optics Valley shall periodically monitor content on the site to ensure adherence to professional standards that Optics Valley deems appropriate.
- There is no specific cost for use of this OVRD.
- To display content on this platform, the candidate entity must go through a process to validate they are an optics / photonics (or supporting technology) company and to approve their submitted content.
- The sole and exclusive remedy for anyone with a complaint relating to OVRD is to simply stop using it. Optics Valley shall have absolutely no responsibility to update content nor incur any liability for damages of any type or nature whatsoever arising from use of OVRD.
- Contact the Optics Valley Chairperson with appeals to a rejection to be listed or content submission rejection.
Anyone who uses Optics Valley Resource Directory or OVRD is providing evidence by that use that they agree with these Terms and Conditions to gain access to participant company information. If you do not agree, leave OVRD and do not use the content provided within. All users of OVRD, everyone who uses or visits this site, by their continued use indicate consent that they agree to the statements below:
- You have been informed and voluntarily agree to exhibit proper behavior associated with professional and ethical standards when for reasonable use of OVRD.
- You have agreed to receive reasonable, limited and professional contact via email about your interest in Optics Valley Member companies, to learn more about their company capabilities, and to facilitate possible future business transactions.
- You have agreed that when you leave this OVRD to go to third-party sites through links provided in this OVRD, Optics Valley is no longer involved in your actions and is held harmless by you for any actions taken outside of OVRD itself.
- Optics Valley is not liable for any consequences or damages, direct, indirect or consequential, arising from or related to any use of OVRD or information derived therefrom.
- You have agreed to only use the content displayed to connect to other businesses and individual networking connection efforts. No other use is authorized.
- You have agreed that you will NOT infringe upon any copyrights, trademarks, or intellectual property; or violate the personal rights of others, which may be displayed in OVRD.
- You have agreed that should any difficulties arise from the use of OVRD your first step is to contact the chairperson of Optics Valley in an effort to simply work things out in a reasonable manner that resolves matters. Should an issue arise that cannot be resolved in this method, because Optics Valley is located in the State of Arizona, Arizona law will apply and be the applicable jurisdiction.
- You have agreed that you (as an individual, business, agency, etc.) may be prohibited from using OVRD, and that further access to OVRD may be denied should anything less than professional, prudent and appropriate behaviors or content be exhibited.
Participants using the Optics Valley Resource Directory (OVRD) for marketing
Participants (those companies listed in the directory) using OVRD itself (looking up information, submitting their data, providing information and links, establishing keywords about themselves, providing contact information, and more to OVRD) are by their use demonstrating consent that they agree to the statements below, to:
- have their submitted content publicly displayed
- be responsible for the content they provide. As such each participant contributing content will correct their errors and omissions, provide regular reviews and updates to keep content accurate, current and relevant, and be subject to Optics Valley Committee regular reviews.
- submit their content for editing assistance and improvements, or after the fact of submission to have that same content reviewed for clarity, professionalism and fit with the purpose of the OVRD by authorized personnel in the Optics Valley Committee.
- respond to update and revision requests in a timely manner.
- have their data submissions not be displayed (and even removed) if any part of that submission is less than professional, proper, or complete.
- be barred from displaying content if identified improper use or behavior is exhibited as reviewed by the Optics Valley chairperson.
- accept the Optics Valley chairperson as the arbiter of issues arising from the use of OVRD and to abide by their decision regarding content display and OVRD use.
- control and be responsible for the data, information, marketing materials and all other content they have uploaded to the site.
- accept that Optics Valley has no obligation to verify, confirm, update or otherwise validate any information or content submitted by Participants for OVRD use or information; and may hide or even remove questionable content if it does not meet professional standards or has been the subject of complaints.
Optics Valley Committee
Optics Valley Committee, the leaders and support personnel for the association, by using OVRD itself are demonstrating consent to the statements below:
- Agree to reasonable, professional and prudent behavior that benefits the majority of the participants and the industry cluster.
- Agree to regularly remind participants to keep their company marketing information on OVRD current.
- Agree to regularly review content and provide helpful editing and guidance regarding content to be displayed in OVRD.
- The Optics Valley chairperson agrees to adjudicate any issues or complaints regarding OVRD.
- Optics Valley limits companies being listed in the OVRD to only optics / photonics participant companies who provide direct industry technology-related products and services.